March 14, 2004

Bobby D treads the Mean Streets of Leith? - fugettaboutit

or should I say aye! right! Seemingly Mr DeNiro has a penchant for the
Scottish football team Hibernian - I always spell their name wrong, I keep
forgetting the zero at the end - or so I read earlier on the BBC Sport website.
This makes me wonder if bobby has ever attended any of their matches?
(and if so, why is he still a fan?) I think it would be stretching even
Mr DeNiro's talent, method or not, to scream from the terraces of Easter Road
'Get stuck intae this pish' or perhaps 'Come ahead ya jambo Bast**d' while
spitting the remains of an obligitory mutton pie down the neck of the punter
standing in front - Martin Scorcese perhaps?

Or is it all research for an up & coming film project - maybe one of Welshie's
books hitting the screen with DeNiro playing an older version of Begby; It's
years later & he's caught up with Renton and he's just about to give him the
severe malky (a good talking to...) for doing a runner with the money when...
Joe Pesci jumps out of a stair and nuts him! No, it's not working for me.
Anyway, they would have to lock DeNiro in a darkened room for a year
to get that authentic Leith moontan.

All joking aside, Hibernian play Livingston in the Scottish League cup final
today & as I was born in Leith & all my family & friends are Hibby's I'd
just like to say ... Cum oan LIVI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Come on in - you'll have had your tea?

< # Scottish Blogs ? >