March 19, 2004

There's more than one way to skin a blog...

I spent all of tonight looking through skins & messing about with html.
I have gone minimalist - everything else looked so busy. I intend to use
more photo's - now that I've worked out how to upload them. I prefer
the simple white look, it's much more coherent & easier to read.
What amazed me as I was looking through all the skins & other blogs
was that the average age of a typical blogger is around 14?

I found a few skins designed by a 12 year old & they were as good and
as technically accomplished as most of the others. HUGE amount of anime
skins! In fact, I would say the 5 most popular themes were anime, hearts
& stars - don't ask me? - puppies, babies & dark GOTHICA. Tons of
stuff really. I was interested in some of the jargon on these teen
blogs - a lot of the girls use an affected 'baby talk.' Mix this with
the usual webspeak abbreviations & it can be difficult to understand
what's going on - not to say just a bit syrupy as well. Combine
this with text message lingo (sms) and ... alright, I'm picking on the bairns again
but by 2010 who the f*** will know what they're talking about!

Anyway, it's such a beautiful langauge - it wid be a pure shame fir sumbuddy
tae f*** aboot wi it likesay, ken whit ah mean??? bampot!




Come on in - you'll have had your tea?

< # Scottish Blogs ? >