April 18, 2004

Let's get this straight - I've NEVER been a fan of Folk music...



But I seen this girl on a New year's tape my mother sent me; me old Ma tapes
all the shortbready Sh*te thats on the telly at New Year & sends it to me in australia - Bless her!
I usually watch Chewin' the fat, I'ts only an excuse & Rickie Fulton & flick through the rest
On such a flicking episode I quickly rewound when I saw Kate Rusby - it was her looks that got
me in, but she sings like an Angel, plays guitar & writes most of her own songs. She does all this
with a charming Northern accent - I love a Northern accent, don't you? Anyway, I managed to pick
up a couple of her CD's & I am a born again folkie. This from a man who thought if there are 4 chords
in a song it's one to many. The title song Underneath the Stars is a beautiful melancholy love song...

Underneath the stars I'll meet you
Underneath the stars I'll greet you
And there beneath the stars I'll leave you
Before you go of your own free will - Go gently.

Underneath the stars you met me
Underneath the stars you left me
I wonder if the stars regret me
At least you'll go of your own free will - Go gently.

Here beneath the stars I'm mending
I'm here beneath the stars not ending
Why on earth am I pretending
I'm here again, the stars befriending
They come and go of their own free will - Go gently

Underneath the stars you met me
Underneath the stars you left me
I wonder if the stars regret me
I'm sure they'd like me if they only met me
They come and go of their own free will - Go gently

Ok - who's going to send me an arran jumper & a beard?



Come on in - you'll have had your tea?

< # Scottish Blogs ? >