May 04, 2004

I would have died for a guitar like this when I was a kid...



In the late 70's/early 80's the only Gretsch guitars available were the original
US vintage models. They were de rigueur for the budding underground guitarist.
They were also tres expensive & hard to find. Gretsch are now sold as re-issues
licensed by Fender - and are still tres expensive. I had a Gretsch Clipper when I
was a teenager; a real budget model produced in the late 50's. It cost me 100 quid
from Mev taylors in Shandwick Place? I think. It looked great but didn't play very well -
maybe that was me - so I swapped it for a modern Ibanez. I wish I had it now. I noticed
Ben Watt (EBTG) playing one in an early video - classy. I found the Gretsch site here.

I'm going to save up & buy one, in the mean time - pass me that tennis racquet...



Come on in - you'll have had your tea?

< # Scottish Blogs ? >