June 04, 2004

I'm just a vision on your TV screen...



I was a huge fan of Siouxsie & the Banshees when I was in my teens.
I found the image above on the net. It's the front page of a gig
programme for a 1979 concert at the Rainbow in London. I was at
that concert. It was a special charity gig for kids with down syndrome.
Although a great concert & a financial success, it was ruined by a few
NF skinheads who tried to wreck the place. If I remember correctly the
Banshees had to pay for the damage & the poor kids got a lot less than
they should have. The Fascist element that ran through the Punk/Post Punk
movement ruined many gigs & concert venues. Mindless Bastards. Anyway, it
was a real bit of nostalgia when I found a pic of the programme after all
these years. I do, in fact, have most of the Banshees albums on CD & I still
believe that The Scream was one of the most important records of the Punk era
& helped shape the direction of post Punk music. I still listen to it regularly.

Just something conjured from a dream...



Come on in - you'll have had your tea?

< # Scottish Blogs ? >